19 January 2014

Belated New Year's resolutions.

It's the end of term 2 week 2 and I'm feeling so much better about the world. School was good, choir was fabulous (possibly something to do with the Lion King medley, everyone loves a good Lion King medley) and I had a wonderfully guilt free chat in English at the English speaking group in Hildesheim. I am really pleased that at school the pupils are not as reluctant as they were to ask me questions. They genuinely seem to like having me around. Well most of them anyway... (I overheard a pupil using a word that starts with 'b' and rhymes with 'witch'. He promised it was nothing to do with me). Even so, it was still a remarkably good week. Life is going well.
I love you Bad Salzdetfurth
New Year's resolutions. So I'm a little bit late. I had actually already decided on my resolutions, but thought popping them on the blog would make me more likely to keep them.
1. Really work on my German. No more watching iPlayer. I will even attempt to go over some grammar. Who knows, maybe the staffroom will suddenly seem less scary and I will start to talk to people.
2. Travel more. Yes this is a necessary resolution! There are so many places that I still want to visit, both in Germany and abroad. There are plenty of adventures in the pipeline (Slovakia, Poland and possibly Latvia) so watch out! And I hope to visit my school exchange partner in Bavaria sometime soon.

Basically, I am determined to use my time here more effectively. and that means more language practice during the week and more travel at the weekends. Bring it 2014!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yep, another reminder to vote for me in the National UK Blog Awards if you haven't already. The link is on the sidebar... and no, reading A Lucy in Germany doesn't actually have to be the highlight of the week for you to vote. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment