11 January 2014

A Lucy in England.

It's time for the final catch up blog post. Remind me never to get behind again. This is what happened when I went back to England...
***
The holidays were always going to be hectic. When you come home after four months away there are so many people to talk to and meet up with and when combined with the 'Christmas effect' (the need to see as many relatives as possible) the result is a packed schedule. I saw grandparents, home friends, uni friend and my brother and it was perfect. It was exhausting but just what I needed. Lovely to be back in a family home after living by myself. The two weeks absolutely flew by in a blur of presents, food and happiness.

Being English, I cannot resist a good opportunity to talk about the weather, especially when it was so spectacularly awful. The flooding started on Christmas Eve. The roads were closed and the town became and island. Fortunately our house was safe but it was very strange watching the news and seeing Mole Valley as one of the worst affected areas. It did make for some good photos on Christmas Day...
Two swans a swimming... on the road.
I hope that you all had a wonderful and un-flooded Christmas and New Year. Happy 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment