13 June 2014

A day at the Chiemsee

The Chiemsee is a big lake not far from Ashau im Chiemgau. V and C had sailing training this week, and on one of the days (the one with particularly stunning weather) the rest of us went along too. T and I spent the day playing in the water, practicing maths and relaxing. Later on K and E came to join us, rowing out into the middle of the lake. It is a beautiful place: wonderfully clear water in a mountainous landscape. The only thing I don't like is the underwater vegetation... as a child I absolutely detested seaweed (there are photos of me in the sea on holiday looking very unhappy as seaweed has just washed into me...).  So I don't particularly enjoy swimming through lake-weeds. But far away from the shore the water is far too deep and you can swim without the threat of weeds. I surprised myself by bravely/recklessly hopping off the edge of the rowing boat and swimming back to the pier! It was slightly further than expected but I did it!
One more photo... a view from our table in a restaurant (or should I say sitting out in the restaurant). Either way is was stunning... if oppressively hot.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely stunning....and yes, we do remember your love of seaweed!!!! (and cold water).
    maw

    ReplyDelete