10 June 2014

Settling in

Greetings from Aschau im Chiemgau (why always the long place names?!). I have been here for exactly one week and am slowly beginning to feel more at home in my new surroundings. The surroundings, by the way, are stunning. The Chiemgau is a region in southern Bavaria, in the foothills of the Alps. I happen to live next door to the Kampenwandseilbahn (cable car), which goes up to the Kampenwand, one of the highest mountains in the region. There's also the beautiful Chiemsee, a lake which I have briefly seen when we transported the boat there...

Day to day, I just get involved in whatever the children are doing, be it playing games or marshalling cars in the car park for the cable car. I practise English with V, help T with homework, Maths and German and generally help out when I can. So far so good.

The weather is hot. So so hot. I probably (definitely) feel it more than the rest of the family, being British and all that. I just want to sit and read... although if it's reading in German that's not such a bad thing. Everywhere here looks so pretty, all mountainous and exciting. It's certainly very different to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment