25 May 2014

Sunday

The number of blog posts saved as drafts is rapidly increasing as I near the end of my time in Bad Salzdetfurth. With under a week to go I am reluctant to sit in my flat and type when I could be walking  and enjoying my surroundings. I'm also generally less talkative and more emotional so the blogging isn't exactly coming naturally.

It is currently Sunday evening at bedtime minus one hour. But this is no ordinary Sunday evening; this is the Sunday evening before my last week of working at IGS Bad Salzdetfurth. It is impossible to describe how I am feeling right now. I cannot believe I am so close to the end of my year abroad. Part of me is happy, proud that I have made it to the end of my contract having enjoyed language assistant-ing. Happy to be going home. But I am sad to be leaving behind this wonderful place and the people that I've met. Over the next few days I will be saying so many goodbyes, almost all of them to people I will never see again. And that's strange.

As you can probably tell I'm struggling to transpose my feelings into words. I guess I'm just not ready to leave yet.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lucy
    It has been a fantastic time-made so by your determination to make it work for you! Congratulations on a wonderful year abroad! As the next chapter begins........I look forward to following your discoveries. maw.

    ReplyDelete