12 May 2014

A night at the Bloscars

A while ago the lovely readers of A Lucy in Germany voted for me in the National UK Blog Awards 2014. Somehow you lot managed to get my blog in the top ten, making me a finalist in the Young Persons Blog category. At the time I presumed I would not be attending the ceremony, given that I'd be in the wrong country. However, after a chance conversation with my mentor teacher I was given three days off and told to go to the awards and see my family while I was at it. This was too good an offer to refuse.

I landed in London on Thursday evening and went to the awards on Friday evening. My wonderfully sparkly dress and I did an excellent job of blending in with the commuters on the tube... hah. Armed with practical shoes and a map (the best sort of accessories) I found the venue: the Grange at St. Paul's, a rather posh 5 star hotel exceedingly close to St. Paul's Cathedral. There was champagne and nibbles for the sophisticated, popcorn and candyfloss for the overexcitable and a room full of interesting people to talk to. I spent most of the evening with some lovely travel bloggers, so now want to go travelling more than ever.

After an introduction to the Bloscars (that's the Oscars of the blogging world) and a welcome from the event organisers it was time to announce the winners category by category. I didn't win, but then I never expected to. I never expected to be a finalist and the standard of the other blogs was so high.

In any case the evening wasn't about the winning. It was about recognising all the amazing blogs out there. And seeing A Lucy in Germany amongst them was an awesome feeling.
So congratulations to everyone who was involved in the National UK Blog Awards 2014. It was an amazing thing to be part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment