23 October 2013

My kingdom.

It's time to introduce my new flat. I have been living here since 1 October but haven't got round to taking photos of it until now. Fortunately (considering I'm living here for eight months) I love it. It has obviously had the full Lucy treatment in terms of decoration (anyone who has ever lived with me knows what that means).
desk area // 'walk in wardrobe' // Lucyfication
This is the living room. It's also the bedroom. And the kitchen. Pretty impressive multitasking from a room.
Moving on to room number two. The bathroom. Not a lot worth noting apart from the presence of a urinal. So continental. Don't know what to do with it, tempted to put a plant in it. But I probably shouldn't. Also, the bathroom here is bigger than the little room in 8 ChAv. Hah.
Well that's my flat. There are a lot of photos, a lot of ice tea and an obscene amount of crockery. We're talking seven different types of glasses (with a set of at least six for each type). Oh and a dishwasher! Loving the student life.

I'm going to conclude with a photo of the view from my window. As you can see I live in the more modern section of Bad Salzdetfurth. I promise it's not always this sunny.

2 comments:

  1. Had to chuckle at the mention of the urinal. No, it is NOT a typically German thing. I had never ever come across one in a private home until I moved to the Hildesheim area from up north in Hamburg. Disturbing news for me as well. I hate the sight of the things and always shudder when I have to go for a wee in some friends' homes. The flower idea is not bad! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased they're not all over Germany but do wish I didn't have one. Having said that, it's a small price to pay for being here :)

      Delete