20 October 2013

Autumn days.

I would love to say that I've had a really exciting past few days but in truth nothing much has happened. The furthest I have been from my flat is Hildesheim, and that was to return my library books! It took me a couple of days to recover from the Scandinavian extravaganza, and since then I've been sorting out my German life. There are always emails to send and forms to complete, all of which I wanted out of the way before the school term starts again.

Bad Salzdetfurth is looking particularly pretty at the moment. Autumn is here, bringing with it bright blue skies and turning leaves.


I've felt a long way from home this week, more so than any other time since arriving. October is birthday month for many of the most important people in my life and it's been a strange time to be away. Although there have been moments when I just want to get on a plane back to London, they are just that. Moments. I'm happy here. I'm happy that I get this year to explore a country that I love and a language that I love (despite its grammar). So I don't really want to go back to England after all. For now Bad Salzdetfurth is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment