25 April 2014

The potato masher incident

I am home, as in actually England home. The school week lasted a whole two days and thanks to the bank holidays next week I only have to miss three days of school in order to have 9 days at home. Win. My journey back to Heathrow was not the best journey in the world. The train and carrying of multiple suitcases was fine... bruised legs but what can you do?

It was all going so well until security. The first problem was with me... my shoes were suspicious and my socks were very suspicious. And then they found a large suspicious metal object in my suitcase. So we went on a hunt through my suitcase, encountering various items including a teapot, head torch, assorted currency and then found the item in question: a potato masher. But the security people did not know it was a potato masher. I had to explain what it was and how you used it. I thought I'd lost it forever. But for whatever reason they gave it back and allowed me to take it on the plane. Stressful.

But hey, it's worth it because I am home. And the flight was wonderful. I got a cup of tea with milk in it and we had stunning views of London as we came in for landing. It looked magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment