11 September 2013

My house, in the middle of my street.

It's time for a special edition blog post. Quite a few people have asked me where I'm living in Germany, whether it's with one of the teachers, in a WG, in my own flat or in a cardboard box under a bridge somewhere. The answer is my own flat, which is actually the bottom floor of my landlady's house. The location is good: close to school and to the station. It is a bit strange living by myself but I'm getting used to it and it's nice to have a little bit of Germany that is mine.

Room 1: Lounge


This is my lounge which came complete with TV and 'interesting' paintings. Some of the items on the shelving unit are mine (the cards, millions of train timetables and rubber duck) but most of it was there when I arrived. There's an excessive number of places to sit but at least I have a choice! And the stuff on the ceiling that looks like wood is actually plastic. Nice.

Room 2: Bedroom


So, my bedroom. I don't know why it has three beds but it does. I've tried to make it feel like home by having various photos and things dotted around the room. The wardrobe is massive; I'm only using a quarter of it! The guard penguin is protecting my wonderfully rectangular pillow (the one to the right was my original pillow).

Rooms 3 & 4: Kitchen and Bathroom


My kitchen is little (no free work surface) but came fully equipped which makes up for it. There's everything you could possibly want apart from an oven tray. Why there is an egg boiler but not an oven tray I do not understand. But I went to the 1€ shop, bought a tray and now everything is fine.

Finally, the bathroom (complete with a little stool so I can reach the window). It's a fairly standard bathroom but special mention goes to the shower which is really good. And yes there is a toilet, I just couldn't fit it in the photo.

Well, that's it. Tour complete. It might not be the most modern flat in the world but I quite like it and feel at home here. It will be strange to move out in a couple of weeks time.

No comments:

Post a Comment